Purple Star Campus/LOTC
Miller Jordan Middle School
Leadership Officer Training Corps
Purpose: To build character, develop young people as leaders, and promote accountability and responsibility.
Course Description: The LOTC program is based on citizenship awareness, Developing Leaders, and organizational management learning by doing. To accomplish our mission, the program includes courses that develop valuable qualities such as citizenship, leadership, basic drills, first-aid training, and physical training-P.T. Other activities and courses are designed to assist cadets to not only succeed in middle school but to take what they have learned and apply it to daily life.
Objective: Develop Leadership and promote Patriotism by:
- Understand the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution.
- Build character and integrity.
- Learn the importance of diet and physical fitness to maintain good health.
- Promote self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Learn the importance of communication.
- Encourage and assist young students to remain drug-free.
Mission: To motivate all CADETS to accept responsibility, be accountable, and exemplify good citizenship.
Mandatory: Must always lead by example and live by our core values: HONOR, COURAGE, and COMMITMENT
I am a CADET
I accept responsibility and accountability for my actions.
I respect the rights of others
I commit myself to service
I strive for excellence
I dedicate myself to the core values of HONOR, COURAGE, and COMMITMENT.
I am a CADET