- Library is open from 7:25 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. The students who visit the library before school, during lunch, and after school are required to stay until the bell rings for them to go to their next class.
- The librarian will scheduled visits with 6th grade ELAR classes every two weeks (if possible).
- Non-scheduled library visits require a library pass and sign-in at the Circulation Desk. Students return to class as soon as they have checked in/checked out books.
- Respect other library users by working, studying, and reading quietly.
- Keep the library clean by not eating, drinking, or chewing gum.
- Keep the library neat by disposing of trash properly and pushing in chairs.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the library unless it is part of the instruction.
Areas of Interest
- 4 OPAC Computer Stations
- Books: Reference, Nonfiction, Biography, Fiction, Story Collection, Easy, Spanish, and New Books.
- Magazines and Popular Reference
- 2 Leisure reading areas
- Permission from library staff must be obtained prior to usage (including printing).
- Library catalog, Microsoft programs, Accelerated Reader (AR), and Internet.
- Parent permission required to use Internet (form received in registration packet).
- Internet safety must be practiced at all times. See SBCISD Acceptable Use Policy resources.
- Two books are allowed to be checked out at a time for a two week period.
- Fines will be charged for overdue, damaged, and lost books: 10 cents a day per overdue book and replacement cost per lost book.
- Checkouts restricted until all overdue books are returned and all fines are paid.
- If a book is overdue, then the student is not allowed to check out books until the overdue book is returned.
- If the student owes a fine, the student will only be allowed to check out one book until the fine is paid.